Marvelous mashed maple sweet potatoes!
Upload recipe photo
Please rate it
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 45-60 mins
Serves : 5-6 people
6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup maple syrup
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full of water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place the pot over high heat until the water reaches a boil.
- Add the potatoes, and reduce the heat to medium-high, maintaining a boil.
- Boil the potatoes for 20-30 minutes, or until they become soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and drain the water.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or other mixing utensil until the potatoes reach a smooth consistency. Add milk slowly as you mash the potatoes.
- When the potatoes reach a smooth consistency, add the butter and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
If you use different ingredients than the ones used in this recipe or use alternate method, please click Here to post your variation.